William M Raveis Jr. Chairman and CEO
1963 - Roger Ludlowe High School, Fairfield, CT
1967 - University of Dayton, Dayton, OH B.S.Business Administration
1970-71 - University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT Fordham University, New York, NY - course work towards Masters of Business Administration
1974 - Graduate of the Realtors Institute (GRI)
1979 - Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) RNMI Charter Member
1984 - Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB)
1968 - United Technology, Stratford, CT Systems Analyst
1970 - Westinghouse International, New York, NY Senior Systems Analyst
1972 - Westinghouse International, New York, NY Supervisor for system design and analysis. Responsible for computer systems and their worldwide operations.
1974 - Opened first real estate office
Professional Memberships and Awards
- 1988 Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Ernst & Young company
- National Speaker - PHH Homequity Convention, NAR Convention
- Articles Published - Fortune Magazine, Forbes Magazine, Real Estate Today, Real Estate Business, Inc. Magazine
- Co-Founder and Treasurer of Fairfield County MLS
- Co-chairman of Connecticut Committee of the Regional Plan Association
- Board of Directors - Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
- The Greenways Committee - Appointed by former Governor Lowell Weicker to a 25 member committee to develop Connecticut's recreational land
- Board of Overseers - Connecticut Audubon Society; former member Board of Directors; member and chairman, Connecticut Audubon Mission'90 Capital Campaign
- Advisory Board - Environment/2000 (Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection)
- Board of Directors - Institute of American Entrepreneurs
- Corporate Advisory Board. The Nature Conservancy, Connecticut Chapter
- Chairman Environmental Committee, Fairfield County 2000
- Board of Directors - Music Foundation for the Handicapped of Connecticut
- Chairman - Advisory Council of PHH Homequity
- Appointed Governor Rowland's Task Force on Open Space Land
- National Association of Realtors Large Brokers Advisory Council
- National Association of Realtors Strategic Planners Group
- Board of Trustees - The Horace Bushnell Society
- Honored by "Save The Sound" for leadership and inspiration in protecting Long Island Sound
- Chairman and Founder - Home-Link Services, Inc.
- Founder - American Mortgage Services Company
- Originator of Home-Link concept - US Government patent
- Elected to the 2002 Hall of Fame, Junior Achievement of Western Connecticut
- Designated by Real Trends (Industry Newsletter) as one of "The Most Admired Individuals for 2000"
- Recipient of the "2003 Community Leadership Award" from The Children's Hospital at Montefiore and the Greenwich/Westchester Committee for Montefiore Medical Center for contributions to programs that promote the health and well-being of both children and adults in the metropolitan area.
- Honored by Town of Guilford, CT (2006) with a plaque and proclamation in town hall as a token of appreciation for significant contributions made towards improving town residents' quality of life.
- Honored by UCONN in 2006 as a CT Family Business of the Year
- Honored in 2008 by the Health Center at UCONN for the support given to fight breast cancer by dedicating and establishing the William Raveis ACS Navigator Care Program
- Recipient of a Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Innovation Prize (silver) for the RSS and widget innovations exhibited on raveis.com, 2009
- Selected as The Best Place to Work in MA by the renowned Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Recipient of the First Place Gold Award in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 for Commercial Record's "Best Residential Real Estate Firm in CT"
- Recipient of the First Place Gold Award in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 for Banker & Tradesman's "Best Residential Real Estate Firm in MA"
- Honored with 1st place in the Fox News and Hartford Courant's "Top Workplace in CT" 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Honored with 1st place in the Hearst CT Newspapers "Top Workplace in CT" 2013 and 2014
- "Winner of Inman News' 2011 Innovator Award for "Most Innovative Brokerage in the Nation"
- Recipient of the Connecticut Quality Improvement Award for Agent Dashboard 2012
- Contributor to Blog.raveis.com nationally acclaimed by Inman News a source for real estate news and trends
- Honored by Operation Hope of Fairfield, Inc. (2014) for meaningful contributions to the community
- Real Estate Executive Magazine - Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Executives in America
- Published and distributed first book The Way of the Entrepreneur (2015), on Amazon.com - Lessons from the Journey to Build a Family-Owned Business Empire
- Published The Ten Noble Rules of Business (2015) and 53 Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- From Massachusetts to Maine, and New York to Naples, we have the largest footprint of any independently owned company in the Northeast and Florida.
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, New York City member of the Board of Directors and the Marketing Committee (2016-2017)
- No 1. family-owned real estate company in the Northeast and the No. 9 real estate company in the country per Real Trends 2017
- Recipient of the 2017 Family-Owned Business Award by the Westchester and Fairfield County Business Journals