About Herb Mehlman
Collaborative and detail oriented manager with extensive background in real estate sales, training, coaching, property management, REO, relocation and development. Consistently recognized as a leader and mentor.
Former Founder and President of high tech real estate company in competitive lower Fairfield County, CT market. Transitioned to Senior Sales Manager to facilitate and rebuild large New Haven County, CT office, ultimately leading to developing additional office within the region.
William Raveis Real Estate 2008 - Present
Vice President of Sales, Senior Sales Manager, Milford-Stratford Regional Office
* Manage all aspects of regional office including finance, facilities, IT, training and operations for over 120 sales agents.
* Total annual closed units in excess of 1,000 and closed volume in excess of $280,000,000.
* Create a catalog of training and sales materials used for sales meetings and agent training programs.
* Implement successful individual coaching strategies enabling agents to significantly grow their business.
* Train staff for execution of all company programs, i.e., proprietary software implementation, marketing and branding strategies, incentive programs, etc.
* Develop and implement fundraising efforts for the William Raveis Charitable Fund.
Founder & CEO - Wolfe & Mehlman Real Estate (1991-2001), Mehlman Properties, Inc. (2001-2007) Stamford, CT 1991 - 2007 (merged with William Raveis in 2007)
* Managed all facets of boutique office of 20 agents including IT, finance, marketing & advertising, compliance, legal, recruiting and sales.
* Grew business from its inception to a thriving local company for 16 years.
* Managed and sold portfolio of REO properties for major banks and asset management companies.
* Specialized in the marketing and sales of luxury and waterfront properties.
* Provided real estate statistics and trend analysis for the Stamford Advocate for over 10 years.
Sales Associate & Assistant Sales Manager - William Raveis Real Estate Stamford, CT 1986 - 1991
* Assisted Sales Manager with operations, recruiting, training and execution of company programs.
* Managed inventory and sales for Homequity Relocation. Assist sellers and corporate clients with marketing, valuation, property management and sales.
* Involved in retail and new construction sales.
William Raveis, Chairman's Elite Club 2016
William Raveis, Chairman's Club 2015, 2017
William Raveis, President's Club 2011, 2013
Vice Chairman and Treasurer, Board of Directors, Consolidated MLS, 2005-2008
Stamford CT Realtor of the Year, 2002
President and Board member Stamford Board of Realtors, 1999-2002
State Director, Connecticut Association of Realtors, 1999-2002
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Certified Mentor & Coach - CMC
Accredited Buyer Representative - ABR
Graduate Real Estate Institute - GRI
Certified Homeowner Professional (CHP)
Completed Residential Appraisal coursework
Completed CRB and CRS coursework
Graduate - Culinary Institute of America
National Association of Realtors
Connecticut Association of Realtors
New Haven Association of Realtors
In The News
Herb Mehlman is the definition of what a manager should be: a leader, motivator, coach and friend who truly cares and wants to make a difference in our careers. He is my personal mentor who has and continues to play an active role in growing our business. He has an open door policy with the ability... Marc Kroopneck
I had been in the business as a broker and company owner for many years before speaking to Herb Mehlman and was not considering changing companies. I was wary of changing companies as I had many promises from other companies not kept. Everything I was promised or told about Raveis has been met or ... John Coppola (Milford, CT)
Herb Mehlman has created a functional family style and professional office while nurturing the needs of each individual agent. He is a great listener and idea man which makes him a wonderful motivator and problem solver. No matter what, he has your best interest and that of your client in mind. The ... Cheryl Lautz (Milford)
I have been in the Milford office since 2008 with Herb Mehlman as our manager. He has been fantastic throughout the years. He continually is trying to grow our office with talented agents and staff. He helps in furthering our careers and maintaining professional standards in our industry. Herb has... Jeff Romatzick (Milford)
There are many reasons why I like working at the Milford Raveis office. However, one very important reason is Herb. I like his managerial style a lot. He is consistent, attentive to detail and a problem solver. By contrasts to many other managers whom I have had throughout my career, Herb does take ... Eva Zaniewska (Milford)
From 4 Million in team production in 2014 to a 25 Million team in 2018, Herb has always showed a vested interest in my Team and supported our growth. His guidance and tutelage has made that growth easy. He creates a fun, yet professional, work environment and our team is proud to be part of the Mil... Dan Ferriouolo
Herb is a wonderful manager. He has provided me with continuous coaching , guidance and support. He is readily available for questions and concerns and he provides agents with the resources they need to attain successful results. He gladly shares his expertise and time to help all agents to get wher... Lucy Morgan (Milford)
My agent helped me through every step of the process. Herb was especially good at helping me get my house ready to be put on the market, including updates and staging. I received a lot of support through the "on the market time" and through the sales and closing process.
Professional, attentive, successful. What more could you ask for?
Your Insurance Rep.
Cell - 203.610.1536
310 Booth St, Unit V, 06614
1 Bed, 1 Full Bath(s)
Sold Date: 4/30/2021
784 Mapledale Rd., 06477
Sold Date: 2/25/2021
35 Greenwich Way, Unit 35, 06460
3 Beds, 1 Full / 1 Half Bath(s)
Sold Date: 12/8/2020
274 Breakers Ln Ln, 06615
2 Beds, 1 Full / 1 Half Bath(s)
Sold Date: 9/16/2020
325 Benham Hill rd,
West Haven 06516
3 Beds, 2 Full Bath(s)
Sold Date: 2/20/2020
633 Old Knife Ln, Unit A,
2 Beds, 3 Full Bath(s)
Sold Date: 8/26/2019
220 Marilyn Dr,
Sold Date: 8/16/2019
62 Carrington AVE,
3 Beds, 2 Full / 1 Half Bath(s)
Sold Date: 4/26/2019
71 Aiken St,
Sold Date: 8/28/2017
5 Robinson Dr,
3 Beds, 3 Full Bath(s)
Sold Date: 8/22/2017
245 Sycamore Terrace,
4 Beds, 4 Full Bath(s)
Sold Date: 2/13/2017
60 King St,
Sold Date: 9/6/2016